Thursday, December 15, 2011

Synergy and the Knitting Circle

After reading this article I had a challenging thought: who do I collaborate with in a meaningful, regular and synergistic way? I have experienced this type of collaborative synergism sporadically, unintentionally, so how do I make it both regular and intentional?

Thinking further of real world examples of people who followed this practice was instructive. Jesus Christ, on a mission to save the world, didn't go about it in a cavalier way; he surrounded himself with twelve men with whom he worked, thought, spoke, and lived; they supported him in everything. Henry Ford--"I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not know what can't be done." There are a great many examples of great men and women who had a person or group of people with whom they exchanged letters, ideas and information.

I believe that everyone has nearly infinite potential, but I also believe that potential cannot be brought out without the help and support of other people. So I return to the original questions: who can I collaborate with? and How do I make that collaboration a regular and deliberate part of my life? Answer: I need to start a knitting circle.

No comments: