Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Growing together

I have been reading my wife's blog and thinking her thoughts and feeling her feelings. And it occurred to me that my creativity is woefully under-expressed, in fact that most of who I am and what I am is under-expressed and that that is not a good thing. So I am making an effort to express more of my thoughts and feelings in the moment before I lose them in the malaise of my work day.

My thought is that our life is like a tree. The branches are our progeny and the roots our ancestry, but the trunk of the tree is us. What is beautiful and significant to me it that we started out as separate people, but the longer we are married, in love, friends, parents, and so many other things, the more we are growing together. An excellent blending of two into a unique and wonderful one. Our true identity, more and more, is not you and me but us.

No comments: